I'm two days into my visit and surprisingly enough, I'm not too bored. Notice I said "too". It's really great to see family and my best friends. My goal is to do something almost every night. I know that's asking a lot but come on, we can do it. I realized something while coming home to visit. I LOVE being the "visitor". So in keeping the tradition of some past blogs, lets make a list of why I love being the "visitor".
- Free home cooked meals
- Don't have to pay for gas
- Everybody that I know in town wants to see me
- Getting asked, "How long you in town for?"
- Doing my favorite crossword from the paper
- Not having ANY responsibilities
- No work (see above)
- I can guilt trip people into doing something because, well, "I'm only here for so long!" :-)
- I can do whatever I want, whenever I want, however I want
- Saturday morning coffee and breakfast with friends
- Checking out what's "new" in town
- And the last thing I love about being the "visitor"....I get to do all of this all over again!
As I finish this post, it's still cold and only going to get worse. Snow tonight and a high of an excellent 12 degrees on Saturday. Yes, you heard me correctly, a HIGH of twelve. Whats a San Diego boy gonna do!?! Hopefully I'll write before the year but if I don't, Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa to all and to all a goodnight now!!