Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Postseason baseball and football

So I must say that one of my favorite times of the year is right now. Its middle October, and you got the NFL in midseason and the world series is right around the corner. As most of you dont know, I am a big sports fan and I love having them be a part in my life. They are NOT my life but a piece of it. I'm not a big fan of "sports guy", where he or she, for that matter, gets depressed when their team loses. Now, I can understand some frustration when you might have some money on the line. ;) Oh, and hey, did you notice that my capitalization and punctuation is better in this post? How do you feel about that? Give me some feedback. Do you like the periods or the ......? I'll update the poll results when they're in. :) And that brings me to another point. The words their, there and they're. Am I the only one that gets irritated when adults don't know how to use them in a sentence when they're describing something?? Just a pet peeve of mine, thats all. So I had a conversation with a friend I go to school with and we got to talking about what we're going to do after we graduate in April of next year. We both fancied the idea of continuing with school to further our education in golf and school in general. So if you're wondering whats new with Eddie from the last post, there you go! That's been on my mind as well as a few other million things ;) Ok, back to my sports and my love for this season. For the next two weeks I'll be watching baseball(even though my Angels lost) on weekday nights and football on the weekends. Now only if I had the smell of fall in the air like I did in Boise, it would be perfect! Another thing I love about this time of year is when me and some best friends would go down to Old Chicago in downtown Boise and watch baseball for two straight weeks.

So as I sit here in a coffee shop in Encinitas, CA, it reminds me of coffee shop life and working in a coffee shop. I worked at a local favorite coffee shop in Boise for 3 years during my early 20's and it was a great 3 years of my life. I worked mornings so I was off by noon at the latest everyday which allowed me to play a lot of golf and have a lot of free time. I had a rad girlfriend, who caddied for me in tournaments and it was just one of those times in my life that I look back on and just smile. I met a lot of customers, who turned into good friends and great business contacts. It was a job that required little responsibility, provided great ambiance and opened up the door for other opportunities for employment. I love looking back at fun times in my life and getting lost in that moment as if you were almost there again.

As I finish this post, have you noticed that I italicized every there, their and they're? Well if you didn't, go back and see if you can spot em out. There isn't that many ;) Ok, I guess its time for me to research some stuff about school. Enjoy your day! Goodnight now!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Holy dork. I just love how you blog like you're talking to someone with strange breaks in your topic to talk about proper English. Who does that! ;-p